DeVore Technologies, Inc. is a Cleveland, Ohio based provider of Information Technology Services founded in 1991 by Lori DeVore.
We offer a brand spectrum of Information Technology Services, which center on seven primary practice areas:
- Custom Software Development and Programming
- End User Computer Software Training
- IT Professional Technical Training
- Web Site and Web Application Design, Development, Hosting, and Services
- Custom Developed and Hosted eLearning
- Network and Infrastructure Design, Service, and Education
- Contract and Placement Personnel
We find the synergies developed among these areas to be a significant competitive advantage in what we are able to deliver to our clients.
We view our company as a service business, which deals with technologies and products. We excel in applying creativity and technical expertise to provide solutions to our customer’s needs.
Our ownership, principles and service offerings have not changed since our beginnings in 1991. Our stability is one of our hallmarks. Our focus on our costumer’s projects rather than sales and marketing activity, and slow, controlled growth through “word of mouth”, has been a primary contributor to our stability.
We have been insulated from the roller coaster ups and downs of the technology sector. We feel the longevity of our customer relationships testifies to the value of what we deliver to them.
Our early work with General Electric helped us to sharpen our skills at “cost effective” services and rapid response, and reacting in a “global economy”. Our work in GE’s implementation of Six Sigma and “offshoring” immersed us in the analytics, metrics and best practices of managing IT projects and processes.
We begin in the early days of moving from DOS based systems to Windows, and have enjoyed consistent, controlled growth by focusing on the individuals actually doing the work for the customers, rather than on marketing and sales.
We are a Microsoft Partner in Learning Solutions, a member of the CompTIA Learning Alliance, and are the host for the Northeast Ohio Oracle Education, VMWare Education, Red Hat Learning Partner and SAS Education. DeVore Technologies, Inc. is certified by the City of Cleveland as a Female Business Enterprise., and a Cleveland Small Business.
- Chosen by GE Lighting to provide all end-user computer training – 1992
- Chosen by Alcoa to provide all end-user computer training – 1993
- Chosen by University Hospitals to provide all end-user computer training – 1993
- Joint Venture established with the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland to provide computer training at their downtown location on Superior Ave. and to offer public classes at that facility to reduce the Diocese’s overall training costs – 1993
- Chosen by STERIS to provide all end-user computer training – 1994
- Chosen by the Jewish Community Federation for their conversion from Lanier word processors to PC’s – 1994
- Deployed our first Web Site on the internet – 1995
- Chosen by GE Lighting as the Outsourced Provider of all Training Management, Training Operations and Training Facilities Equipment and Maintenance. We were provided offices at the corporate headquarters – 1995
- Chosen by GE Lighting as the provider for IT Professional Technical Training, including UNIX, PowerBuilder, Oracle and later JAVA and Business Objects
- Lori DeVore nominated by Key Bank, wins NAWBO top ten business owners – 1997
- Chosen by GE Lighting to provide training and support for their Six Sigma Rollout, training up to 80 persons per week for a two year period – 1997
- Developed our first large scale enterprise application for QualChoice to manage it’s customer benefit plans – 1998
- Chosen by GE Corporate to develop Web-Based Training for their Office 97 Rollout -1998
- Chosen by University Hospitals for curriculum development, logistics and all live instruction, migration from Mainframe e-mail to Microsoft Outlook – 1998-1999
- Developed our first Web Based Training for GE Lighting, using Macromedia Flash. When this project was completed there were no Training examples in Flash on the Macromedia Web Site – 1999
- Recognized by the CIO of GE at a press conference, for our work in Six Sigma Online Surveys – 2000
- Chosen by Eaton Corporation for all live training in their migration from Banyan Vines to Microsoft Outlook – 2000
- DeVore selected by Bristol-Myers Squibb as a Preferred Provider, for our work on their national Outlook Rollout – 2000
- GE Lighting outsourced their Help Desk operations to DeVore. DeVore was recognized for achieving the best customer service metrics of any GE Business – 2000
- DeVore chosen by Cleveland Clinic for its Main Campus Computer Training – 2001
- A DeVore designed and developed web site recognized by INC. Magazine as one of the top five in the U.S. based on usability – 2002
- General Electric outsourced all North American Plant IT personnel to DeVore to support the lighting business – 2002
- DeVore chosen by the Cleveland Clinic for a 20,000 user conversion to Microsoft Outlook from Groupwise – 2003
- Selected by GE to provide a licensed version of our Six Sigma Tool to Motorola – 2003
- Developed a major .NET call center application for National City Bank, incorporating a VOIP telephone system – 2004
- Authorized by Microsoft as a Learning Solutions Partner – 2005
- Achieved Microsoft Gold Partner Status in Learning Solutions and Infrastructure – 2005
- Lori DeVore nominated by Microsoft for the Ernest & Young Entrepreneur of the Year, also nominated by Microsoft for “Realizing Business Potential” – 2005
- Lori DeVore selected for the Key4Women advisory board – 2006
- University Hospitals moves all end-user desktop computer training to DeVore’s facilities when their on-site location is demolished for the new Emergency Room
- DeVore chosen by the Cleveland Clinic to provide all end-user desktop application training to all regions of the Clinic – 2007
- Lori DeVore receives the Northern Ohio Live “Rainmaker” award – 2007
- DeVore received Smart Business Magazine, “World Class Customer Service” award – 2009
- DeVore opens its new “state-of-the-art” Training Center and Corporate Headquarters on Chagrin Blvd. in Beachwood and builds additional classrooms for increased training capacity – 2009
- DeVore rolls out Distance Learning infrastructure, which includes the ability for a remote student to work in the software being trained even if its not installed on their local computer. This simplifies training and upgrading schedules, and minimizes the productivity hit when an end-user is upgraded at a remote location – 2010
- Chosen by Developers Diversified Reality for their Office 2010 Rollout (1,200 persons) – 2010
- DeVore named VMware Education Partner – 2011
- Chosen by the Cleveland Municipal Court for the redesign of their web site (DeVore’s first major government project) – 2011
- Awarded “Best IT Service Company, Northeast Ohio Software Association” – 2012
- Chosen by Cleveland Clinic for their Office 210 Rollout, pilot deployment to 5,000 end-users, early 2013, rollout to 20,000 end-users, remainder of 2013
- Selected by RPM for Computer Software Training – 2013
- Awarded Smart Business Magazine’s “World Class Customer Service” award – 2013
- Chosen by Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District for all Computer Software Training – 2013
- Selected by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland for Computer Software Training – 2013
- Chosen by Ohio Turnpie Commission for the redesign of their web site – 2013
- DeVore named Red Hat Enterprise Linux Education Partner – 2014
- Selected by Vitamix to provide in-depth Red Hat Enterprise Linux training for their IT staff as part of their enterprise adoption of Oracle ERP running on Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6, resulting in RHSE Certification for their staff – 2014
- Chosen by Cleveland Clinic to provide a live instructor team, recorded instruction and distance delivered training for their enterprise rollout of the Heat – Cloud Based Service Desk Tool – 2015
- Lori DeVore was awarded the partnership with Youth Opportunities Unlimited (Day-One Program) – 2017