Options to Best Fit Your Needs
- Small number of Individuals at Distant Locations added to an existing live class
- All Distant Location students, Live Instructor-Led, no students in the classroom
- Traditional in-classroom experience with live instructor and students in the same room
DeVore Offers Distance Learning Delivery of Training to Organizations and Individuals Everywhere!
Distance Learning Delivery Tools for Eliminating the Time and Cost Associated with Travel, and Providing an Efficient Method of Delivery of Short-Duration, Special Focus Topics, and Insuring ALL Individuals Needing Training Receive a Consistent Message.
Bringing the classroom to you!
Our goal is provide customized learning solutions that fit your organization's needs. Distance tools are just one of the many methods that we use to help you accomplish your training objectives. If you have a geographically dispersed workforce, would like to reduce travel cost, or you simply wish to receive training at your desk, distance learning may be a useful option.
Distance Learning Options:
- DeVore offers any of our instructor-led classes as a distance option. This means that you get the same quality instructor led class that you would take at our location delivered to your desk.
- DeVore can customize instructor-led distance classes for your organization so that people in various offices attend class together and receive your custom content and a consistent message.
- DeVore can also customize and deliver asynchronous classes for internal distribution. These classes can focus on aspects of implementation that are unique to your organization.
These tools can be mixed-and-matched with classroom training for larger training initiatives or used as stand-alone resources. Contact us to discuss how we can use these tools to meet your needs.
Distance Learning - One Step Deeper
A good perspective on the tools that can potentially be used and how the organization can benefit can be easily developed by first defining "Distance Learning". The defininition we will suggest is:
Distance Learning (or Distance Delivered Learning) - Utilizing cost-effective technology tools to enable the delivery of training and instruction to individuals at different physical locations, reproducing as many of the desirable characteristics of Live, Instructor-Led Training that produce the maximum value and optimal learning outcomes, as the current technology tools allow.
Items that contribute to Learning Effectiveness
Audio ( clarity of Instructor's voice )
Visual Examples - prepared visuals and computer screen demonstrations that drive understanding and retention - primarily what the instructor presents on the in-classroom projection.
Audio ( clarity of student's voice asking questions)
Visual - Student Computer Screen
- Ability of Instructor to see the question or issue displayed on the student's computer.
- Ability for the instructor to show the student's computer to the entire class to keep them engaged while answering the student's question.
Visual - Student's Face and body language - opportunity to adjust presentation to insure maximum understanding and retention.
At a Higher Level
There is also derived value from the "bonding" of the instructor and the students, from the human "connection". At a fundamental view, it is desirable when this is positive, and also is harder to quantify with respect to delivered value.
Once there is a basic level of Instructor competency, the value live instructors add to learning effectiveness is a developed ability to read the facial expressions, body language and voice of students, and MODIFY the presentation on-the-fly to insure the students are on-board at each step in the delivery.
This is the "Holy Grail" of Distance Delivered Learning, to reproduce the student-instructor live interaction in a COST EFFECTIVE manner. If you have seen a Cisco Telepresence system, it is obvious that the technical capability is currently there, just not the COST EFFECTIVE dimension that is needed in large scale training.
So everything we do today is governed by the COST EFFECTIVE dimension, and as time moves forward, the overall cost comes down and the features that enhance effectiveness continue to improve. So each new discussion is based on the specifics of the need and the technology capabilities at this moment in time.